The Bermuda National Sailing Squad is comprised of sailors that meet, the National Standards. Provided they continue to meet the standards, BSA will support them for training and upcoming major events. Such support may include funding, advocacy to other organisations, and/or National recognition.
Other benefits include demonstrating a National standard to sponsors; BSA managing funds on behalf of the sailor (charitable recognition); BSA’s position with the Bermuda Olympic Association, the Government, and ISAF as the Member National Authority for Bermuda, and the Bermuda Sports Governing Authority for sailing.
A BSA committee – the National Sailing Directorate (NSD) is the principal point of contact in BSA for the Squad member.
Events requiring athletes to be on the Bermuda National Sailing Squad are:
- Olympic Games
- World Sailing World Championships
- World Sailing Youth Worlds
- Pan Am Games
- World Sailing Team Racing Worlds
- Youth Olympics
- CAC Games
- Island Games
Application for Membership
- Applications shall be made to join the squad, Membership of the squad will continue as long as the standards continue to be met.
- Applications will be made using the appropriate form, and submitted with supporting information to BSA.